West Hawaiʻi Solid Waste Facility Closures Due to Ironman Triathlon
On Saturday, October 12, 2019, due to road closures for the Ironman World
Championship Triathlon, the following facilities and services will not be available:
• West Hawaiʻi Sanitary Landfill (Puʻuanahulu) and Organics Facility
• Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station, Reuse Center, and HI-5
• Keauhou HI-5 Redemption
The closure at the Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station will affect all services, including residential trash disposal, HI-5 redemption, 2-bin recycling, green waste recycling, the Re-Use Store, and mulch pick-up.
The Keauhou Recycling and Transfer Station will provide services for residential trash disposal, Re-Use Center, and 2-bin recycling during this closure.
Regular operations and services will resume as follows:
• Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station will resume regular operations of all services on Sunday, October 13, 2019 (it is open daily from 6:00 a.m. to
• West Hawaiʻi Sanitary Landfill will resume its normal schedule and reopen on Monday, October 14, 2019 (it is open Mondays to Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.).
• HI-5 Redemption services at the Keauhou Recycling and Transfer Station will resume on Sunday, October 13, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Mahalo for your cooperation. Please visit our www.hawaiizerowaste.org website for future closure information and locations, or call the Department of Environmental Management, Solid Waste Division Office, at 961-8270.