What is Recycle Hawai‘i ?
Recycle Hawai‘i is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization based on Hawai‘i Island.
Our mission is to educate the Hawai‘i Island communities on recycling and waste reduction activities for a more environmentally sustainable future.
Does Recycle Hawai‘i work with the county?
Yes, we are a “professional services provider” typically under contract with the County of Hawaii (COH), Department of Environmental Management, but occasionally with COH Department of Research & Development, and work on projects that align with our educational mission.
What does Recycle Hawai‘i do?
We sponsor ongoing services, community presentations and events to inform and engage community members in recycling, composting and reducing solid waste, such as
• Art & Science of Recycling School Project • BackyardCompostingWorkshops
• Hawai‘i Island Recycling Guide
• Keeping It Green Hawai‘i Award
• Recycling & Reuse Centers at County of Hawai‘i Transfer Stations • ZeroWasteEventSupport
We also collaborate with local county, state, federal agencies, other non-profit organizations and community volunteers to promote ongoing and annual initiatives, such as:
• GettheDrift&BagIt/InternationalCoastalCleanupsinSeptember-October • Recycle-BowlSchoolCompetitioninOctober-November
Can we contact Recycle Hawai‘i to do a presentation for our school or organization?
Yes! We love to expand our reach into the community. Please contact our Education Specialist, Marsha Hee, for more information at 985-8725 or email@example.com.